Volunteering at IHDI Starts Here
International Hearing Dog is always on the lookout for dedicated people to be part of the ongoings at IHDI. Volunteers play an essential role in the success of IHDI. So if you have a passion for helping people and animals and want to support the human-animal experience for those who can most benefit from it, there's no shortage of ways to get involved at IHDI.
We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for teenagers to retirees, and we're sure there is one that suits your interests, skills, and schedule. Whether you want to foster a hearing dog in training for weekend outings, lend your talents to special events, have a knack for keeping order in the office, want to supervise playtime in the yard, or really enjoy keeping things in tip-top shape, we've got just the gig for you!
Explore the options, decide what interests you most, and then get in touch with us.
- Weekend Fosters – Minimum commitment of 1 weekend per month
- Long-term Fosters – 3 to 9-month commitment dependent on training progress
- Emergency Fosters – On-call for dogs in unexpected scenarios (i.e. medical recuperation)
- Enrichment Volunteers – Spend quality and engaging time with the dogs on campus playing games, supervising playgroups, executing basic training exercises, and more
- Facility & Grounds Volunteers – Help with maintenance, repair, and building projects at the campus
- Outreach and Education Volunteers – Assist in a variety of settings to get the word out about IHDI
- Skill-Based Volunteers – Individuals and companies putting to use their professional skills to assist IHDI in a variety of contexts
- Group Projects
Our most urgent needs are for weekend fosters, onsite facility volunteers, and socialization volunteers.